Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
9,843 Posts
QUOTE Now lets see how long it takes for the red to start to fade!

Doesn't it have to dry first?

David

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
It looks pretty similar to the current DB freight livery in Germany......

Will we soon see SNCF TGVs in London? It makes one wonder if at last we are going to start seeing the fruits of the Channel Tunnel.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (60134 @ 24 Jan 2009, 10:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It looks pretty similar to the current DB freight livery in Germany......

Will we soon see SNCF TGVs in London? It makes one wonder if at last we are going to start seeing the fruits of the Channel Tunnel.

ICE on through trains from Germany
Red livery on Chiltern passenger services
looking forward to developements

David

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (60134 @ 24 Jan 2009, 10:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Will we soon see SNCF TGVs in London? It makes one wonder if at last we are going to start seeing the fruits of the Channel Tunnel.

Probably not until they have yellow fronts !

In these days of high intensity head/marker lights is not the yellow warning panel somewhat superfluous ?

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 24 Jan 2009, 20:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>on the TGV front the answer is a very simple no. its not about gauge or anything fancy, its all health and safty i'm afraid. the eurostars are built to far tighter fire regulations than a standard TGV. although i love the idea of a duplex in st pancras!

Peter

Did'nt think about that aspect.

·
Administrator
9,843 Posts
There's a photo posted on Google Earth of an ICE3 on the Paris - Strasbourg high speed line. It's on the section between Reims and Metz close the point where the motorway and railway criss cross.

David

·
Registered
982 Posts
I quite like it. Understated and smart livery. Moreover it looks like one simple enough I'll actually be able to paint!

Russell

1 - 11 of 11 Posts