Dead against DCC?77.69%
Impartial to DCC?88.79%
DCC user - N/A5863.74%
For those users of DCC, are you...
Elated about DCC?2729.67%
Frustrated with DCC?22.20%
Content with DCC?3437.36%
DC user - N/A2830.77%
For those users of DCC, how many makes of DCC systems have you actually used?
12527.47%
21819.78%
31516.48%
4 or more55.49%
DC user - N/A2830.77%
Do you think DC is dead?
Yes2021.98%
No7178.02%
Is the Future of DCC...
Ensured?7683.52%
Uncertain?1516.48%

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Hornby say that in 2007, 25% of model users will be running DCC.

From our members here, lets get some solid figures.

Please feel free to vote on this issue. I've disables the 'View Results' option as you actually end up loosing your right to vote in that case - sometimes members only realise that when its too late.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I don't think its working properly , it didn't allow me not to vote on the 2nd question and wouldn't accept my vote until I had. As I am a DCC user that question means nothing.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Doug - tried voting but kept getting an error message saying I hadn't ticked all I needed to to register my vote. Being a non-DCC user, I hadn't ticked anything under being a DCC user. Could this be the problem?
Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
5 Posts
No , sorry still not working , comes up with error messages , ahh , perhaps it`s decoder is a .......... , that might be it ........

·
Registered
174 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 11 Jan 2007, 17:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There are 20 people that have voted successfully so far. Perhaps try another browser....

I,m using Firefox and voted ok. I didn't tick all the questions the first time but no problems after I read the questions properley the second time!!

Darren

·
Registered
375 Posts
As a DC user I have no intention of ever moving to DCC but I am not against anyone else using it but that wasn't a choice in the second section and I had to vote 'Dead against DCC' which I'm not. Results on that section might be a bit misleading perhaps. Everything worked fine.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (CeeDeeI @ 11 Jan 2007, 20:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As a DC user I have no intention of ever moving to DCC but I am not against anyone else using it but that wasn't a choice in the second section and I had to vote 'Dead against DCC' which I'm not. Results on that section might be a bit misleading perhaps. Everything worked fine.
I added an "impartial" choice and moved your vote over.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE BTW Why is my image in my signature block not showing up all of a sudden? Thats happened to me occasionally which is why I change my images. I guess the picture is no longer on the web or there some issue with the server or something.

I'm interested in computer control to a small extent which is why I was keen on the Ecos as you a get a limited aspect of that.

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
>I'm interested in computer control to a small extent
And I'm interested to a large extent - it's the only way my mainline is going to get run effectively.

David

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dennis, there is a permissions problem. I've asked the technician to sort it out.

We can do another poll where we can get into specifics. This one is going well. Showing up some interesting info.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE We can do another poll where we can get into specifics. This one is going well. Showing up some interesting info. It would be interesting to see what proportion are Hornbys version of DCC?

I reckon the proportion of DCC users on this forum is probably higher than the proportion in general. I guess that says a lot about the people using this forum.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
The obvious conclusion therefore is there's a strong correlation between internet use and DCC. IE if your are a modeller and use the internet your more likely to be a DCC user. What might have been intresting Doug would have had two extra questions:
how long have you used the internet
how long have you used DCC

I am surprised with the results of the pole so far.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree that the use of the internet probably means a greater take up of DCC. The question is, how much more? I would say that in the overall population of modellers, DCC is probably somewhere between 15 and 25%, but that percentage is steadily increasing, and will probably be between 30 and 40% by the end of this year.

·
Registered
882 Posts
QUOTE (Makemineadouble @ 13 Jan 2007, 11:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What might have been intresting Doug would have had two extra questions:
how long have you used the internet

8 years

QUOTE (Makemineadouble @ 13 Jan 2007, 11:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What might have been intresting Doug would have had two extra questions:
how long have you used DCC

8 months

Don't quite compare do they!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts