Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
DC do some very good kits for both loco's and d/emu's, it must be galling for these small firms when no sooner do they do the legwork required to produce something new a few months later one of the RTR companies decide to include it in their range (class 150 for example).

Yes but the 150 is at least 2 years away given that Bachmann have yet to deliver 108!

On the 17, how did you power it? Did you use a black beetle? How easy is it to connect extra pickups on other bogie?

I am considering getting one as the class 17 is one of the first locos I remember. However will wait until the 2007 release announcements (2009 Bachmann) before deciding to buy as I have never built a kit before. Was contemplating a Tech-Cad one but I understand these are also now only available in kit form

Russell

·
Registered
982 Posts
Gary, I think tthat is true of the real thing ie looks better in green than blue.

Billy , I think DC Kits do a kit building service. I'm sure i've seen ready made ones at Model Rail Scotland when they exhibit. From memory the cost wasn't that bad (maybe £135-£150)

Russell

1 - 2 of 2 Posts