Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A club member bought a DC Kits Class 17 Clayton Loco in tonight and it was an absolutely beautiful model and ran as well as any Hornby or Bachmann loco. He had it running for over an hour on the club layout complete with a Genesis kit built brake wagon. Apparently Claytons had poor brakes so almost always operated with a brake wagon. The airbrushing and transfer work was absolutely first class and if this model had been in a Hornby or Bachmann box I would have got very excited indeed!

For a kit with a resin body we were surprised at how fine the window frames are and the owner agreed that great care had to be taken with the cab to avoid breaking any of the window frames.

At the end of the day you simply have to admire the craftsmanship that goes into a well built kit. Its very rare that I see examples of kits that match the finish of locomotives from the ready to run manufactures and to see an example that at least matches the standard and argueably better it is a sight to behold!

Also we had a Pressed Steel Class 121 DMBS (Driving Motor Brake Second) "Bubble Car" running tonight.

Nice to see something different on the layout.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Warley Clayton had a Tenshodo bogie unit. I'll see if I can get permission take a few pictures at some point.

The odd thing is I have looked at the DC Kits BR Blue picture that they have on the website to showcase the Clayton and the image definitely does not do the model justice. It looks much better in green without all that silver trim.

Happy modelling
Gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts