Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd improve my modelling skills using a steady stream of increasingly difficult kits that I kinda like the look of, are reasonably priced and could possible squeeze onto my laout, anyway having ordered some 35x14 Black beetle in error previously, I thought I'd use them and found the 308 kit could use them, so I ordered it.

Having now received the kit (and the millions of pieces that make it) I am confused as to how the motor can be attached, the instructions breifly mention that you have to cut the floor of the motor coach open to fit them, but the far end has a recession which looks like it could possibly fit. I don't want to commit to building one particular way to find it is wrong. Anyone built one of these?

I could build the end cars for an idea of the heights involved, but if anyone knows it would be a major help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I gather, they changed the floor to have a recess, but the instructions clearly have not been updated to include this, so I don't know if that was the purpose or not. A chap on another forum said (after I posted this thread) that it should fit because he has the 4cep kit and his Tenshedo motor fits that. I shall experiment and report back in the Workbench area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice pic, I've got two Black Beetles to power it, as the previous 4 car kits I've had were somewhat under powered with one motor, one will go in each of the centre cars.

The glazing looks like a pain in the rear end.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DCC isn't an immediate concern for me at the mo, something for the future maybe, but with all the locos I've got its not an option just now. One motor in each of the centre cars appears to be the path of least resistance, I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for clearing that up Charlie, I have built the unit now and might get some pics here in the new year for all to view. The glazing wasn't a pain, just had to be a little careful in getting the size right.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top