Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I am just building a new layout using a Bachmann Dynamis controller. After the sales blurb for this system I am very disappointed with the 'remote' handset performance. I can only get it to link with the controller up to a distance of around 1.4 metres. Any further away and the signal is lost.

Second, does anyone know if it is possible to operate two turnouts simultaneously using the dynamis 'switch pilot' 4 way accessory decoder. Reading the instructions this does not seem possible. But then the instructions don't give a lot away! Or does anyone have experience of using one outlet on these decoders to operate two Peco PL-10W (low current) turnout motors? I see that Bachmann do say these decoders are sufficiently 'robust' to operate the normal Peco PL10 motor.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts Anthony. I have taken down the fluorescent lights and replaced them with LED down lighters. Dynamis now works perfectly from any point in the room. I emailed Bachmann UK on this topic but received no reply to date!

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Two steps forward and one step back. I am now trying to program the Bachmann Dynamis controller to operate accessory decoders to work peco point motors. I am using s separate supply to provide power to the decoders. I have tested the rig by 'flashing' this auxiliary supply output directly to the point motors they operate fine. Following the sparse Bachmann instructions with the controller and decoders I have 'programmed' the first output on the first decoder. I have selected solenoid control on the decoder. There is a 'click' attempt from the motor but the point doesn't operate. The sequence followed is:-
"Program a001"
"Program a001 on maintrack"
I get the message POM CV with '0' flashing
Bachmann suggest that with Peco motors value 1 is chosen.
I have tried selecting CV1/CV2/CV3/CV4 with value 1
I press the button on the decoder to enter learning mode. It flashes
I press program. The decoder responds with continuous led then off.
None of these settings work.
When I switch the 'handheld' off and on again. (The only way I can see to exit the programming mode) and try to change the point I just get this feeble click.
Before I throw these nine decoders in the bin and replaced them with switches does anyone have any idea what secret trick I am not doing!!

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Hello. The auxiliary supply is 15v DC. 2.5amp rating. It operates a Peco PL10 solenoid motor with fitted Peco micro switch crisply when 'flash' connected directly. Indeed it operates 2 Peco motors in parallel perfectly well. The problem arises when the Bachmann 'switch pilot' accessory decoder is put into the circuit. I am wondering if somehow the decoder is using the Dynamis power supply instead of the auxiliary supply. It should not be as the decoder is connected as suggested by Bachmann. Namely the track bus is connected to the terminals 'track' and the auxiliary supply connected to 'power'. Positive to 'A' negative to 'B'. Any thoughts appreciated as I have spent almost £300 on these decoders!

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Does anyone know how to successfully connect the Hornby elink box to an ESU switchpilot accessory decoder in order to:- read the decoder/write to the decoder. I have followed the sparse on screen instructions provided by hornby railmaster. I have emailed Hornby and received no reply. I have emailed Bachmann and received a copy of the instructions enclosed with the decoders which make no reference to this problem. My laptop is running windows 7 and is bang up to date as is the railmaster software. I have managed, after a struggle, to get the loco's working.

I have managed to read the decoders although the readings can differ! but cannot write to them at all and of course they will not operate the points. I have 8 of these things ready for the bin.

They worked perfectly with the EZ command handheld. But anyone who has one of those will know that running much more than 1 loco on an oval track quickly becomes impossible.
or mail me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.