Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Ozzie21 @ 24 Oct 2008, 18:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neil, it does get cold out here in the bush. We often get frosts in winter and occainsonally it gets down to zero. Usually when that happens I change out of my ordinary thongs and put on the fur lined ones

Regards
Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia
Ah, you're more inland. I thought you were near the coast. It does get cold in the bush at night or so I believe from the weather reports.

Climatic extremes are a bit of an issue over here in regard to modelling. You have be careful with track. One day when it had been hot (40's) for about a week I went into the garage to find my track had raised and buckled at one point from thermal expansion. I try to leave bigger gaps on some points now.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Ozzie21 @ 26 Oct 2008, 02:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neil, I'm about 2 1/2hrs from the coast o rat least Brisbane. Extra gaps for temperature expansion is a must and like I said I leave sliding fishplates usually at points.If I have a long run of straight track I'll try to put a kink in it just to help with expansion as well as a couple of sliding joints.

reagrds
Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia
Thanks Charles, unfortunately I found this out the hard way.
cheers
Neil

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Martin71 @ 5 Jan 2010, 11:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>HI

Great article there and well put together. I am still a long way from the ecos, but it is something I will consider for the future. I do like the ease of use, the ergonomic "feel" and the fine control but as you pointed out the stop button is an issue. Shame about the 1 second delay on the functions but I am sure you will get used to that. Now that I think about it Dynamis also had a delay but it has being so long since it has being out of the box I cannot remember.

ESU have some outstanding DCC products, well worth a look.

All in all an excellent review and great first hand experience when it comes to making my decision in years to come.

Martin
Hi Martin,

this Mobile Control for ECoS product no longer made. There is a new radio control which uses the same body as the Dynamis which is available instead. It has a different wavelength from this one.

cheers

Neil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.