Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
QUOTE (Hugh Williams @ 26 May 2007, 17:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There is of course Windows XP remote access, although I have never used it in anger. That might be useful?

Regards,

Hugh

With the server version of windows remote desktop you can make a customised connection or rdp link that will immediastely run a certain application upon connection and will not allow tghe remote user to do anything except use that application. As soon as they try to end the app or access any other facilities on the host PC the remote session closes.

We use this at work to give remote access to our accounts team to the accounts software running on one of the main servers which we obviously don't want them to be able to tinker with other stuff on there.

Not sure whether the XP or Vista version can be setup this way, if i get time later today i'll try it out and report back.

Regards

Mark

· Registered
90 Posts
QUOTE (M8 INTERNET @ 27 May 2007, 23:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The cheaper alternative is to create a wireless LAN, with the main router USB connected, quite simple really
This would work in the same way as printer does on a LAN with multiple PC

Wireless or wired LAN, You still need some way to actually share / remotely control the application

Cheers

mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.