Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have N gauge Arnold ICE-3 loco and would like to know if it's possible to have this chipped so i can run it on DCC layout.
New to this so any thoughts gratefully received!

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (lmcd18 @ 30 Aug 2008, 21:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have N gauge Arnold ICE-3 loco and would like to know if it's possible to have this chipped so i can run it on DCC layout.
New to this so any thoughts gratefully received!

***Yes, no problem

TCS M1, ESU LokPilot Micro, both give exceptionally nice control of Arnold Loco's.

Richard

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 30 Aug 2008, 14:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>***Yes, no problem

TCS M1, ESU LokPilot Micro, both give exceptionally nice control of Arnold Loco's.

Richard

thanks Richard! Where do i get these and who fits them or is it easy to do yourself?

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (lmcd18 @ 30 Aug 2008, 23:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks Richard! Where do i get these and who fits them or is it easy to do yourself?

***Well, as I'm not in UK (Perth Australia) and I don't know where in (presumably UK) you are, its a bit hard for me to advise you well for installation :).

John at Bromsgrove models and Andy at DCCsupplies are retailers of these two brands that can probably help you - as to installations in UK, perhaps others can help or advise.

Richard

·
Registered
67 Posts
QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 30 Aug 2008, 15:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>***Well, as I'm not in UK (Perth Australia) and I don't know where in (presumably UK) you are, its a bit hard for me to advise you well for installation :).

John at Bromsgrove models and Andy at DCCsupplies are retailers of these two brands that can probably help you - as to installations in UK, perhaps others can help or advise.

Richard

Andy at DCC Supplies will do installation as well, another choice for installation and supply of decoders is Digitrains. Have used both and each provides a good service.

If the model has directional lights you may also need another decoder (function only) at the other end from the powered car; TCS do one of those as well now - TCS FL-2 which comes in at just under £10.

Geoff

PS You will see DCC Supplies as an advertiser on here with links via the ad or use this DCC Supplies and this link to Digitrains

1 - 5 of 5 Posts