Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there... I was given the class 55 "pinza" the bachmann model.
It is fully DCC fitted, and sound.
When i got it, as soon as it hit the track with the controller on 0003, it's default code, the engine sounded as if it was going through its startup procedure and coughed into life.
However..... i needed to change it from 0003. So i placed on the test track. and changed it via the gaugemaster prodigy, to address 0007

Since then.. no lovely sound. it runs great and the lights work. but no sound.
I tried going to CV008 and setting the data to 008, apparently this resets it. and doing a loco read on the test track it comes up as reset to 0003. but the sound remains elusive.
Anyone any ideas?

·
In depth idiot
7,721 Posts
BTW Putting a new decoder fitted loco directly on DCC power is always inadvisable, use the programme track first to make an address change to ensure that all is well with the decoder installation. Even a newly received DCC fitted loco, it only takes one wired connection to have come adrift in transit to cause a potentially decoder killing event.

And the clip fit wire connections to the main board on many Bachmann centre motor mechanisms certainly can 'come adrift' ; if the sound doesn't come on in response to F1, body off and look for a loose speaker wire.

·
In depth idiot
7,721 Posts
If F1 doesn't turn on the sound, then depending on the sound author, F8 might turn it on.
Ah, progress! Don't act consistently, make the poor user find out by guesswork.

When I rule the world all s/w creators active post 2000 are going to be supplied with cars with completely random control interfaces:
Your one starts by moving the rear nearside passenger headrest while setting the Aircon with today's temperature. The accelerator is in the boot (trunk) and won't operate unless the boot (trunk) cover is locked shut. Oh yes, and the steering wheel is locked unless the windscreen wipers are running at the correct speed, and will randomly alter the output it delivers. Enjoy your new car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts