Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Totally Crazy.......
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

Wondering if anyone can help me out on a little problem i have?

I have a Hornby 466 Networker 2 car set and want to convert it to DCC. Ive opened it up and clipped the wires off but i have found a a little circuit board in there. Now normally i would just get rid of it and fit the chip as normal but after looking at the motor i have started to wonder if i need to do something else as well. Am i write in thinking this is either a supression cicuit or is the motor acctually nine volts and this is some sort of circuit to keep the voltage to the motor down? I belive the motor is an X8211 type.

Hope you can understand what ive typed .........

has anyone got any ideas ?

Nikki

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
*** It looks like a bridge rectifier to give directional lighting + suppression caps. Dump it and hard wire totally - and use correct tint LEDS instead of the bulbs

Richard

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Actually they are L.E.Ds RJ! Ive just hard wired mine using a lenz silver and decided its easier to remove the built in L.E.D's and replace with correct colour ones and wire up as new.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Nice old thread FUNGUS only a few years old

the lamps are led you have to modify the led pcb and also turn around the outer leds, ditch the pcb in the chassis i have done 3 of these now with a tcs T4X in the motor carriage and a FL-4 in the trailor. for the headlights one side should be dimed for daylight running what i did with the functions of the decoder

the light button gives me 1 dim and one full bean headlight and dimmed tail lights

F1 gives me full night running lights

i will at some point get around to fitting side/ditch lights so there be 6 leds in total each end

ps. while you have it apart check and/or replace the traction tires as the 466 eats them esp if used on grades

1 - 4 of 4 Posts