Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
9,940 Posts
Now there's a tempting piece of information
Not really. Hornby's reorganisation of their dealership network caused me to 'lose' several pre-orders and has left a nasty taste in my mouth. It broke the 'must hava' spell, which is probably a good thing. For now my hobby budget is being spent on finishing off my Continental Shelf layout. Hornby haven't lost out completely as I have bought some Rivarossi items.

David

Reactions: Julian2011

·
C55
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Not really. Hornby's reorganisation of their dealership network caused me to 'lose' several pre-orders and has left a nasty taste in my mouth. It broke the 'must hava' spell, which is probably a good thing. For now my hobby budget is being spent on finishing off my Continental Shelf layout. Hornby haven't lost out completely as I have bought some Rivarossi items.

David
I have to agree with you on those dealership decisions, I did get involved in one of the consequences of that, but fortunately saw what they were up to and refused to play their game. It seems that there must have been a significant number of folks who expressing themselves about similar experiences and the policy did eventually change. However, as you rightly say, there is still caution in any approach to them.

Looking at the coaches, they seem to be quite nicely finished and should add a bit of extra to the Rocket rakes - apart from those confounded plastic couplings. I will probably find some real chain, in the spares box and see if I can remember how to swing 3 links..... {at least, at that scale, there isn't quite the same risk to my left thumb!! 😌 }

J
Now, just where did the magnifying headband get to?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts