Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
OK guys - have tried to increase the brightness of some of the larger photos (3,4,8 and 9) - let me know if that is better for you.

Norm - sorry have no data on Digitrax - the TCS M1 would fit as would NCE Z14SR.

Regards

John R

·
Registered
257 Posts
QUOTE If you turn the contrast setting and brightness setting down several knotches on your CRT monitor then you will see how the images look to us poor sods who have invested in the latest technology!

I'm using a 17" flat screen monitor and the image from our site looks exactly as it does "in the flesh" - yes the chassis is a black blob. The brightness and contrast on my screen is exactly right. The problem with increasing the brightness of an image is that you run the risk of making definition less distinct, as illustrated in your own image, Gary, which to me is over exposed and suffers from glare, which on my monitor detracts from sharpness and what it is trying to show.

Now this thread was supposed to be about putting a decoder into a Hornby M7 loco so, getting back to the topic, you can see where the capacitor is attached if you look at another photo on the relevant page of our site.

Why you should want to know where the red wire goes (which red wire BTW - there are two?) is beyond me as it is simply an illustration of installing a ready made-up harness into a decoder socket. If there was any modification required to the wiring this would have had attention drawn to it in the commentary. In any case, if you've got this far you've hopefully got the loco in front of you, in which case you'll be able to see for yourself!

Regards

John R

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thanks Norm - glad you got it finished.

It's nice to be appreciated and that we could be of service.

Regards

John R
Bromsgrove Models

1 - 4 of 4 Posts