Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm new to forums, so please be patient.

A friend of a collegue at Bury St Edmunds Model Railway Club is an ex-pat living in Marbella in Spain. He has a new DCC-controlled layout and is having problems with his Hornby Select/Elite setup. He has been asking questions over the phone, and it is not easy to provide sensible answers to a DCC novice at this distance.

Are there any forum members in that neck of the woods, who might be able to help at a local level?
If so, I would get the gentleman in question to contact them, and save his 'phone bill.

Thanks, John

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
QUOTE (johnwrussell @ 29 Oct 2008, 10:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello. I'm new to forums, so please be patient.

A friend of a collegue at Bury St Edmunds Model Railway Club is an ex-pat living in Marbella in Spain. He has a new DCC-controlled layout and is having problems with his Hornby Select/Elite setup. He has been asking questions over the phone, and it is not easy to provide sensible answers to a DCC novice at this distance.

Are there any forum members in that neck of the woods, who might be able to help at a local level?
If so, I would get the gentleman in question to contact them, and save his 'phone bill.

Thanks, John

Hi John,
Welcome to the forum, here there are members i am sure can help your friend, the information they need to help is what aspects of set up is your friend having trouble with ?

Here is the manual in pdf form to download to your pc

http://static.hornby.com/files/dcc-elite-manual-312.pdf

Having it here may assist members easier for reference.

Hope this goes part way to answering your question ........ need more information please John.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. He has all the paperwork.

I think that his problem is more to do with the wiring of the layout itself, which is why we are looking for a local genius.

Thanks again, John

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (johnwrussell @ 29 Oct 2008, 19:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for that. He has all the paperwork.

I think that his problem is more to do with the wiring of the layout itself, which is why we are looking for a local genius.

Thanks again, John

***Hello John

I'm far from local for him but have managed to help very many people with layout wiring issues...from simple answers to a fully marked up plan for attaching wires to the layout.

If you can be specific about the problems or questions, or even better, arrange for a simple drawing, diagramme or schematic of the track plan, I am sure we can at least take him a few steps closer to success.

kind regards

Richard

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I, too, am a newby....but I do live near Marbella.

So it's good news on that front!

But I'm also a dcc virgin and have my own problems...basically that my Lenz system - brought from the UK when I moved to Spain - won´t function and I'm trying to find out what sort of values should and could be measured by putting my mutimeter across the output terminals. I may also have fried my chips but I wouldn't know how to work that out either 'cos they look OK.

So. I'd be delighted to talk to your colleague's friend (he can send me a pm) but I might not be of much use.

ps.just wonder how many UK railway modellers we have in this part of Spain?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts