Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lenz decoder installed in a farish class 37 N Gauge diesel electric which runs fine, but the lights don't work, I have wired them up correctly, but the 0 button on my prodigy advance does not turn them on or off. Do I have to access cv 29? as I don't know how to view the bit numbers on my prodigy, or should it occur automatically? I have trie cv 29 on other locos and ended up resetting to factory standard and re programming.

·
In depth idiot
7,961 Posts
No, don't start fiddling with CV29.

Did the lights work when tested on DC before the decoder was installed? (I assume the answer was yes as you say they are correctly wired.)

Is so, do you have a test meter which can read DC voltage, so you can check whether the decoder is supplying current to the lights when function 0 is on?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked the wiring and it appeared all was good so I bent the light contacts up further and now the lights work at one end only but switch between front and tail lights at one end only- not a problem for me, but the damn loco only moves at speed step one????? I'll reset the decoder and try again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts