Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE Removing the circuit board would not leave room for the Bachmann decoder and fitting it in the tender requires a small hole to be cut in the tender base.

I had to do just that with the Hornby White Knight. It was supposedly dcc ready yet there was no room for decoder. It was a trauma.
See Dougs review for how he got on.
Unfortunately with smaller locos there is less space to put them in. I would suggest using the extra small ones intended for n scale. Alternatively you may wish to brush up on your surgical skills as thats what most people have had to do. I think your warranty is toilet paper once you have started messing around with your locos innards.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE Why on earth Bachmann cannot include these simple instructions with the loco defeats me! Why get your customers offside and also give their own technical people extra queries to answer??

Maybe they are hoping the kind of people who buy this loco are not interested in decoder installation? But probably lack of planning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.