Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
10,037 Posts
>Lenz Mini silvers do not work with the Prodigy controller that I have
Interesting "nugget" of information buried in this thread. Can we clarify whether this is fact or supposition? Not working with Lenz is not a good advertisement for a decoder.

David

·
Administrator
10,037 Posts
>I can promise you from hard and expensive personal experience that Lenz silver minis and the Prodigy do not work together. If that counts as a nugget of information then you are quite welcome to it.

The reason I ask is that elsewhere on the Forum there is a thread regarding Prodigy not working Hornby. Some harsh words have been said about Hornby in that situation. Maybe they were a trifle premature.

Of course none of this would happen if all DCC manufacturers who designed their equipment using the NMRA standards submitted their kit for conformance testing....

David

·
Administrator
10,037 Posts
>I think that the Hornby and the Lenz compatibility problems are two entirely different matters
Why? There is a single standard for command stations to talk to decoders. If either side deviate far enough from that standard, the chances are they won't talk to each other.

>But I have also heard of cases where they simply refused to respond at all to the Gaugemaster.
You're not suggesting that the Lenz decoders are the problem?

The point I am trying to tease out here is that if there is a problem between the Prodigy and the Hornby, it is not necessarily a Hornby problem since the Prodigy patently has problems of its own. I am only saying this in the interest of balance. I am not at all pleased at Hornby's decision to fit out their newly announced locos with bargain basement, low function decoders.

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.