Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
OK, I admit it....I enjoy building model railways and I like watching them go round, but I find operating them after a few minutes, mind numbingly boring.

The exhibitions we go to require the minimum of two experienced operators plus reserves.

It was time to automate the main operation.

For those interested in our progress, it would be best to go to my website.

DCC and automation

We are now ready to commission the system which is controlled by Railroad and Co software.

here is an animation of our main line operation. The branchline to the harbour remains manual operation.

regards
John

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
That looks like a good simple explanation of the benefits and pitfalls of DCC, unlike most it's not from the point of view of a DCC nerd. I just hope it doesn't encourage George Bush to join the model railway community...

·
Paul Hamilton aka "Lancashire Fusilier"
844 Posts
Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the info and the excellent descriptions on the other website.

Stay tuned as I have CML's shuttle unit heading my way to hook up automation on my end to end layout.

·
Registered
84 Posts
" I just hope it doesn't encourage George Bush to join the model railway community... "

now that would be very worrying indeed. I do not know how one can attack a country with a model railway, but I am sure Georgie could find a way.

DCC nerd indeed... I am a cat nerd
regards
JOhn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts