Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Hi Graham,

most DCC trains can run on "standard" DC also. If this is not possible with your train, there may just be one setting ("CV") in need for reprogramming.

I´m not sure which type of decoder ("DCC chip") is installed in your train, but I´m certain somebody else here can help you out. This is imho a far better way to go than ripping the thing apart and rewiring it.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
QUOTE (graham162 @ 13 May 2008, 19:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks guys.

Yes indeed it does work from plain ol' DC just takes a couple of seconds to start! my lad's well chuffed, though the lights don't work so i'll have to get the soldering iron out and do Richard's fix (thanks Richard), presume they will work once the chip is out! also there is a chip in the dummy i assume i'll have to treat that one the same to enable the lights on that car too.

Happy Modelling

Graham

I´d refrain from soldering/hardwiring the sockets - there are 8-pin plugs available, and your local hobby store might even have a few spare ones from folks who had dcc decoders installed.

If your lhs has none, just say so. I guess I may have a couple of blind plugs left over that I could send you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts