Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Any propriatry track cleaning fluid would do the job.It doesnt have to specially for DCC.
Steve

·
Dogsbody
1,387 Posts
If your chemist will not sell you alcohol, try vodka. Drinking it may make seeing the tracks difficult - you have been warned and you will not get an EU safety sticker. (It works on analogue as well.)

·
Registered
266 Posts
We have a member in our DCC club that I know never cleans his track on his aprox 20'x10' layout. Hard to believe I know but it is very true.

The secret is a good electronic contact cleaner obtainable from an electronic shop. It is plastic friendly and does not leave any residue.

Our club member infrequently squirts a little on track and runs trains thru it. Which is all he ever does

I do the same but as my layout is in an unlined shed I clean my track once every 3months whether it needs it or not. I squirt some contact cleaner into my CMX clean machine( any fluid type track cleaning wagon will do) and run it around layout.

If you don't have a track cleaning wagon, glue a piece of cork to a wooden block, squirt contact fluid on cork and gently rub track.

I have been doing this for over 12 months with no detrimental affect to anything and our club member has been using contact cleaner for much longer.

Ian

·
Registered
378 Posts
The secret is a good electronic contact cleaner obtainable from an electronic shop. It is plastic friendly and does not leave any residue
I think that is the same as German made smoke/ track cleaner fluids Seuthe and SR24

1 - 7 of 7 Posts