Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm very new to model railways and it's my first time posting here. Over lockdown I invested in a Fleischmann DCC starter set and acquired additional track with the intention of expanding the standard loop setup.

Given available space, I'm now looking to go with a shunting/switching layout below, but my question is where I place my track feeders, how many and what do I need to be mindful of when it comes to short circuits.

Proposed Layout:
Slope Electricity Parallel Rectangle Overhead power line

Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place, but would appreciate the help of those more experienced than I.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for taking the time to come back to me. It's running of the Z21 Start which does have short circuit cut out.

I think that going the bus route might be a bit beyond me at this point so will try the siding option.

The points themseves have a small metal clip in them at the frog which I'll try and show you below:

Wood Font Wind instrument Road surface Metal

Regarding the insulation, would this be left in or removed. Also, where on this would you insulate? Are you able to mark them on the plan above? Don't worry if too much trouble!

I've tested the layout with just 1 feeder and the loco is able to navigate a few of the points without too much trouble. Would hope this improves further once the track is fixed in place and well cleaned.

I'm assuming one feeder in the middle of the layout won't be sufficient?

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts