Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,232 Posts
Ok so you are running Z21 which means everything has to be live as nothing will move until it gets a signal from the Z21 box.
The best way of doing these is place feeds at the point noses, (the single track end) and then the feeds should feed either of the split directions above is ok but second track down move the feed to the right of the right point, third short track should not be needed fourth down not needed except where the green one goes right of the siding and the fifth track down feed not needed - ish. Everthing should be live, you do not need isolators you need the whole system live, from this I suppose your points are not insulated? as someone says above we need to know this to give a correct answer.
You do not need isolated track joiners as your locos do not moved unless set on your ipad/tablet.
Now my layout with about 125 points are all mixed, some electros and some not but if a track is in use the point switching makes it live so this is mainly the shunting yards but you have gone for headshunts which is a waste of track and points as these will have to be kept clear so the train can be moved back and forth.
Personally I would come off at the bend to the right of the cross over then work from there (get more for the buck that way.

·
Premium Member
6,232 Posts
Oh just to be specific, never mix non dcc locos with dcc - ever, ever EVER!, ensure on Z21 all have a chip suitable for the loco, give each loco a specific number on the PROG function and on a seperate prog track otherwise everything will also prog the same, all DCC chips come as No3 and you can either give then a short number - up to 128 - or a long 4 digist one this is best, Z21 makes this easy, you go to the prog section once the loco is entered into that section, add in the number you want - say 2025 then on prog put this number in and press prog, it should hiccup a bit then come back as that number but this is also split, it will tell you the split number say 218 and 165 but ignore this as long as the main box shows 2025 in this case you are good to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts