1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Neat.

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (Makemineadouble @ 2 Jun 2007, 23:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>DCC operated uncoupling is now a reality.

QUOTE (http://dccuncoupling.com/)Cars are priced at $49.95 for single-ended dccUncoupling, $69.95 for double-ended dccUncoupling, plus shipping and handling; less if you provide an Athearn car from our list of compatible rolling stock.
A bit of an expensive reality!

It will be a very long time before this technology is both unobtrusive and cheap...quite possibly we'll all be using holographically projected models and layouts before then...

Goedel

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (goedel @ 3 Jun 2007, 01:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A bit of an expensive reality!

It will be a very long time before this technology is both unobtrusive and cheap...quite possibly we'll all be using holographically projected models and layouts before then...

Goedel

Make the Krois coupling look cheap !

·
Registered
53 Posts
Based on my personal experience, the Krois system is superb for HO or LGB stock ( Only these 2 sizes available)

Better the loco does the uncoupling rather than the wagon methinks

This is a close up of the Krois system on the loco.. the coupling plugs into the NEM pocket !
The little brass button under the coupling tells you its Krois, its actually the electromagnet.

The loco also creeps towards or away from the wagon its coupling /uncoupling... can't see wagon doing that

Steve B

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE A bit of an expensive reality! It will be a very long time before this technology is both unobtrusive and cheap...quite possibly we'll all be using holographically projected models and layouts before then...

I think this is a great piece of kit to be used on the first freight car of a rake. I most certainly am going to see if I can get one for my On30 layout.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts