Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to deluge this forum with questions, but...

I was wondering about DCC Uncoupling. I found a (Seep?) solenoid decoupler and wondered if that could be wired to a dcc point decoder? Are there any alternative units or is this one "OK"?
Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
it's done with memory wire linked to a decoder in the wagon assuming your talking Kadee's. I've only seen this done with American H/O - they have nice long reefers.
The seep uncoupler is a ponderous contraption demanding almost pin point accuracy to work well. Rather investigate Kadee couplers, they work very well and uncoupling, is pretty much guaranteed rather than left to chance.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Dear Phil,

Krois and Roco (which I think is is based on Krois) are the one I know about. Zimo decoders provide support for these deocoders, see this extract from the manual :-

QUOTE In conjunction with the electric uncoupling (system Krois), it is possible to define the locomotive de-coder so that it automatically pulls forward a specified distance away from the train while the cou-pler is disengaged.
There is a lot more about how to control this and other features of the Krois or Roco system in the Manual for the MX620, MX63 and MX64 family of decoders. I am not quite sure if this is the kind of system you are looking for, so I'll stop here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts