Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My Dad has a Class 466 (Hornby R2603) Networker, which we want to DCC.

Has anybody done one of these before? I can do the motor and power pickups ok, I just need to know what mods to make to the lighting to get it to work properly.

Many Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE (Chris Glover @ 3 May 2007, 10:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi,

Has anybody done one of these before? I can do the motor and power pickups ok, I just need to know what mods to make to the lighting to get it to work properly.

Many Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris
I have just started to fit out a 466 myself so I may be able to help you, once you get it apart you will find the job is very much like doing a Bachmann 158/9 set when it comes to the layout of the leds. The outer leds will need removing and turning around so the anodes are all on one side (I found it easier to bin the leds and put in new ones as it gave me the wire tails to soldier to when it comes to adding jumper wires) you will need to fit a bridge wire between the left and right ends of the board to link all the anodes together then you can add your blue wire to decoder. on the other side of the board you need to cut a gap between the yellow and red leds each end then add jumper wires to link the two yellows and the two reds up as pairs, these will then be your white and yellow leads to the decoder. Dont forget that you will need resisters installed to protect the leds in use. If you go to the Bachmann website they have a link to an article by Nigel Burken on fitting out the 158/9s which will show you most of what needs to be done. Hope this is some help to you.
Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (mik @ 12 May 2007, 21:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Chris
I have just started to fit out a 466 myself so I may be able to help you, once you get it apart you will find the job is very much like doing a Bachmann 158/9 set when it comes to the layout of the leds. The outer leds will need removing and turning around so the anodes are all on one side (I found it easier to bin the leds and put in new ones as it gave me the wire tails to soldier to when it comes to adding jumper wires) you will need to fit a bridge wire between the left and right ends of the board to link all the anodes together then you can add your blue wire to decoder. on the other side of the board you need to cut a gap between the yellow and red leds each end then add jumper wires to link the two yellows and the two reds up as pairs, these will then be your white and yellow leads to the decoder. Dont forget that you will need resisters installed to protect the leds in use. If you go to the Bachmann website they have a link to an article by Nigel Burken on fitting out the 158/9s which will show you most of what needs to be done. Hope this is some help to you.
Mike

Great!

Thanks for the info Mike

Chris

·
Psychoticwrench
36 Posts
QUOTE (Chris Glover @ 3 May 2007, 09:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi,

Many Thanks

Chris

hi i have just joined site i have three of these ive made my own light circuit but could anyone plz tell or show wit a pic how to dcc the motor on this train and if the circuit board actually has to reamain to dcc it

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Morning....
......Welcome to MRF... wrench

I also would like to know...and how have you got on with it...??

·
Psychoticwrench
36 Posts
Right then how i did this one. First the motor cut the board out of the centre join the red wires of the pick ups together and add the red from the decoder to it. Next step i hav three of these and they use different colour wire connect the grey wires (could be green on your model as my other ones r) together and add the black decoder wire to these. Then add the orange decoder wire to the right motor contact and the decoder grey wire to the left if your train runs backwards swap these over. Now for the lights the next one o do will hav white and red both sides but this one has a white light on the right and red on the left for direction. Connect the positive legs of the two leds to a resistor i use 1 kohm and get my kits from someone on ebay called handsignalman.next add the postive legs to the blue decoder wire. Finally the white leds negatove leg connects to the white decoder wire and the red leds negative lead connects to the yellow decoder lead. Test and enjoy. P.s i removed the front light board and made my own didnt keep it in there.

Hope this helps someone

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Hi Wrench,

Thank you for your swift reply and concise narrative.......I will give it ago.....have 2 to do at some point...

Your man.. should change his name to.....no Handsignalsman.....

·
Psychoticwrench
36 Posts
Yh my second one is gonna have white and redlights on both sides and th eurostar is almost finished aswell with directional lighting

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Morning Wrench....

So, how did you get on....??

QUOTE Yh my second one is gonna have white and redlights on both sides and th eurostar is almost finished aswell with directional lighting

·
Psychoticwrench
36 Posts
QUOTE (David Todd @ 11 Apr 2012, 10:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Morning Wrench....

So, how did you get on....??

I am still looking for another one m8

But i hqve made a hogwarts express with smoke unit ill upload photos later

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
QUOTE I am still looking for another one m8

??????? m8..? I meant the networker,sorry.....is there any bodyshells for sale anywhere for the networker ???

·
Psychoticwrench
36 Posts
QUOTE (David Todd @ 11 Apr 2012, 11:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>??????? m8..? I meant the networker,sorry.....is there any bodyshells for sale anywhere for the networker ???

My other networker broke so im looking for another one in the meantime and depends on livery you want as i have seen connex on ebay but networker suburban shells i havent seen for a bit but ill keep my eye out for you buddie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts