Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
10,021 Posts
QUOTE OHLE faults tend to be rare so not sure what they would do in that case

Didn't one of these happen at the Callais end of the tunnel a few months back? They left the train where it was for the duration of the repair (~4 hours) and the passengers started to bake slowly in the carriages. A most distressing experience I believe.

David

·
Administrator
10,021 Posts
QUOTE when I worked on the buses, the railcos were insistant we did NOT drop passengers off at convenient[for them] points....but took them all the way past their homes, to the station!

That's still the way /and/ if the train was not scheduled to stop at a particular station, the bus won't stop there either! The instance I witnessed was a Reading / Bedwyn replacement service where a passenger wanted to get off at Aldermaston station but the train service was not scheduled to stop there. Our driver said no. If you look at a map you will notice that the railway line is actually a long walk from Aldermaston village but less than 50 yards from the A4 which our road vehicle was using. After arguing the toss for a mile or so, the bus driver relented and pulled in to let the guy off. This was quite a late night service as I remember.

David

·
Administrator
10,021 Posts
QUOTE in order to protect the owners of Antwerp airport.
What a quaint little place that airport is (or was when I was using it about 10 years ago). I don't think the runway was long enough for any jets so it was a turbo prop. On one occasion I did have to complete my journey by train from Brussels airport because I was half way to Heathrow when I realised that I had left my passport at home. Needless to say I missed the one direct plane and had to divert. It was doubly awkward because that was the day I was carrying a lot of test gear......

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.