Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched for a die cast 1:76 fuel tanker in Shell, BP or Esso with no success. Apparently the model I require are available in higher gages, that would certainly look out of place on my layout.
Help would certainly be appreciated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
QUOTE (double00 @ 25 Jun 2007, 11:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have searched for a die cast 1:76 fuel tanker in Shell, BP or Esso with no success. Apparently the model I require are available in higher gages, that would certainly look out of place on my layout.
Help would certainly be appreciated.

Hi Doubleoo have you looked at Hatons? Try this http://www.ehattons.com/stocklist/prodlist...D=36&ScID=1 it will show you some Shell National Benzol etc but it depends what era you want as these are 60's 70's style.

Chris

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
It would help if we knew what period you were modelling, although I assume it is between the wars.

Regards

John.

·
Registered
112 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 25 Jun 2007, 13:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It would help if we knew what period you were modelling, although I assume it is between the wars.

Regards

John.
Hi John that used to narrow it down a bit but not now! So which wars World first and second or Gulf 1 and 2? Probably a decade ought to do it maybe!

Chris

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (chriswright03 @ 25 Jun 2007, 15:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi John that used to narrow it down a bit but not now! So which wars World first and second or Gulf 1 and 2? Probably a decade ought to do it maybe!

Chris

OK so I'm showing my age - I would guess between 1920 and 1950....

Regards

John

·
Registered
303 Posts
Double00,

I know that you are looking for die cast models but have you considered these.

Have a look at this site: http://www.87thscale.info/jordan.htm
I know that these are 1:87, but they do make some nice 1920s and 1930s plastic model kits of ropad vehicles and some would pass for 00 to the unpractised eye.

Also in plastic is the WW2 Airfix RAF fuel bowser kit in 1:72 scale.

Colombo

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I have been doing some checking and ther is very little available in the line of diecast commercial vehicles in 1/76. In plastic kits there is a company, whose name completely escapes me, who make models of an AEC and a Bedford, both of which I believe are available with fuel bowser bodies.

In the line of white metal kits you could do worse than try Langley Miniature Models, they do a comprehensive range of trucks.

Finally you may wish to acquire a Base Models lorry and fit youre own body.

I hope this is of some help.

Regards

John

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for help given, appreciated. Hattons do indeed show three die-cast fuel tankers at £12 + £2 P&P and I have ordered a Shell yellow coloured tanker. I must confess that my layout is timeless other that all locomotives are diesel types. I obtained a Skaledale new petrol pump and shop - a very nice model indeed, and will certainly blend in with the Lledo die-cast shell tanker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts