Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the magazine and still find more of interest in any given issue than the other publications BUT I do notice a tad bias towards steam layouts.

Could you include more D & E layouts considering that they cover a substantial time period (1955 to present) and, judging by exhibitions of late, constitute a large percentage of the railway modelling population's interest?

So far you've only included two exclusively D & E layouts (Dewsbury Midland and Combwich) and all other D & E traction has been in transition period layouts.

I'm sure I'm not the only reader whose noticed this apparent omission.

Just a small criticism of an otherwise exceelent magazine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have also noticed this, i love reading the magazine but i also wish there were more modern image layouts featured.

Keep up the good work, Can we have some Diesel layout please?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for the posts. Chris is quite right that we have set our sights on a 1980s diesel layout for a forthcoming issue and there's at least one other on the cards too. Modern traction layouts will be featured in the magazine from time to time together with layouts in different scales too, but BR steam, as you may have guessed, is at the core of the magazine.
Thanks for the suggestions - and keep 'em coming!
Best regards,
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts