Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 3 Nov 2008, 19:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As there seems to be a pick up problem I suspect that the track voltage on the Lenz is set higher than the Dymanis.

Part of a good DCC installation is to double check that all the pickups are 100% (taking into account any axel sideplay) as well as wheels being clean.

Never heard of this one before but I'd agree Brian's suggestion is the most likely. You could try fitting another decoder in another loco and see if it has the same problem. It is possible to adjust the track voltage on most or all Lenz systems (don't know about Dynamis) so it might be worth reducing it a bit and see if the problem disappears.

What decoder type is is?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
QUOTE (1ngram @ 3 Nov 2008, 21:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its a TCS M1 fitted to a Fleischmann tender drive. But the problem isn't with the Lenz its the Dynamis. Are you suggesting I reduce the track voltage on the Dynamis?

Sorry the word "disappears" in my previous post was wrong and misleading. I was suggesting that you could try reducing the track voltage on the Lenz to see if the same problem appears on that system too. If so then it's almost certainly a track voltage issue, possibly compounded by high resistance somewhere in the loco and maybe a faulty decoder. However if you've cured the problem by cleaning the loco then you probably can't do this anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts