Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year everyone in the model railway world, are there any people on the forum using the Digikeijs DR5000 Any opinions either way would be good to know.
Kind Regards
Barbara

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Hi babz
Happy new year to you too.
I don't have the 5000 control station as I use the Roco Z21 black.
But I have several of their DR4044RB feedback modules that I think are great. A fraction of the cost of a Roco/Fleischmann unit and twice the of feedback connections (16)
I have seen plenty of good reviews on their equipment and if I hadn't already got the Z21 I think I would have chosen Digikeijs as it all seems great value for money.
Regards
Alan

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi.
Same here, I have a Roco Z21 white, but used the Digikeijs DR5000 on few occasions at my club. The member who owns the DR5000 is very happy with it.
I used it with the Z21 android app without issue. Just had to change the IP on the app to connect to it and I was ready to drive my locos

I wish I knew about the DR5000 before buying my Z21. It is much more compact (Z21 require an external rooter, the DR5000 is integrated).

I am using few Digikeijs DR4024 to control the servos of my turnouts. They work a dream to implement and good value.

The only issue I found with this brand is about its name. It is impossible to pronouns it correctly when speaking about it :)

Cheers
Cyril

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HI Everyone andThank you for your replies. I have just treated myself to one and bought a Samsung Tablet to control the loks. Itcertainly looks a nice peiceof kit and at a very reasonable price. Thank you once again. Barbara

·
Registered
320 Posts
QUOTE (Cyril Rossignol @ 14 Jan 2020, 09:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The only issue I found with this brand is about its name. It is impossible to pronouns it correctly when speaking about it :)

Hi,

Since you raised this curio about pronunciation, I did a bit of digging on the name and it appears Keijs, Keijs(z)e is possibly a surname of Dutch or Polish origin. So wouldn't be surprised if the founder of the company has that surname or something similar to it.

Cheers

·
Registered
64 Posts
I see you already got one, but just wanted to add my opinion. I traded my NCE gear for the DR5000 last year, and I couldn't be happier. It's a great little box, easy to set up, stable, works with all the software options out there, and using the Z21 app just to operate trains is a really great option.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good Afternoon everyone. Alanoes what voltage should i set for the Dr5000 will it be different for programming track . Or will it be the same. Thanking you in advance.
Barbara

·
In depth idiot
7,961 Posts
QUOTE (Cyril Rossignol @ 14 Jan 2020, 10:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The only issue I found with this brand is about its name. It is impossible to pronounce it correctly when speaking about it :)
Would you find 'Digikeys' easy to say? 'Cause that's how to read it anglophonically.

QUOTE (TheAndrian @ 14 Jan 2020, 23:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Since you raised this curio about pronunciation, I did a bit of digging on the name and it appears Keijs, Keijs(z)e is possibly
a surname of Dutch or Polish origin. So wouldn't be surprised if the founder of the company has that surname or something similar to it.

Cheers
That 'ij' is very characteristic in Dutch, 'I Grec' literally 'greek i'. I believe it lingers on elsewhere too. Think what the modern letter 'y'
looks like and think how that may have come about...

Now you can guess at the nationality of one of my five generations past forebears, who toted the surname 'Bierhuijs-Pruijs'.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi 34C,

Thanks for the confirmation it makes sense. Dutch it has to be then since the company is based in Holland as well.

Cheers

·
Registered
64 Posts
QUOTE (Babz @ 15 Jan 2020, 22:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good Afternoon everyone. Alanoes what voltage should i set for the Dr5000 will it be different for programming track . Or will it be the same. Thanking you in advance.
Barbara

16V is good for H0, but it depends on your scale. The programming track output is automatic, it will be normal driving voltage in non-programming mode, and a lower voltage (12V, I believe), in programming mode. It switches on the fly.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alex Good Morning Thank youfor your reply i will be using it for HO mainly at first for testing as iuse the Uhlenbrock system which is very good and Robust. I will also it inconjuction Decoder Pro & programming cv's.
Thank you once again
Barbara

·
Chief cook &amp; bottle washer
2,958 Posts
I don't use this equipment, but I set my track voltage at 14.5 because I use 16v stay alive devices on some of my loco's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (Cyril Rossignol @ 14 Jan 2020, 09:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The only issue I found with this brand is about its name. It is impossible to pronouns it correctly when speaking about it :)

Hi,

Since you raised this curio about pronunciation, I did a bit of digging on the name and it appears Keijs, Keijs(z)e is possibly a surname of Dutch or Polish origin. So wouldn't be surprised if the founder of the company has that surname or something similar to it.

Cheers
Correct, Digikeijs is named after the surname of Rob Keijs (Netherlands)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts