Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fleischmann have several models which have directional lights on the coach/cab. eg three white going forwards, two red backwards. With DCC do these still function? I can't see how they can work anymore unless you added a chip to the coach.

Here's an example of the type I'm referring ;

·
Administrator
9,854 Posts
We don't have any Fleischmann but we do have a Roco SBB driving trailer:-

On DCC the lights come on when the trailer is driving. They remain on when the model stops and if I switch the power (ie at the wall socket) off in that state they will come back on the next time the railway is powered up. When the trailer has been pulled in the reverse direction for about a centimetre, the lights go out and stay out. Similarly when the driving trailer is in charge once more, the lights come on after about a centimetre.

Don't ask me how this works because I don't know and I've never been inside the model either though one day it will get some internal lights to show off the interior and what looks like a very nice staircase. When that day comes I will also put in a function decoder to control them and isolate their "nastiness" from the DCC signal.

I don't know if this helps you at all.

David

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the older models and N stuff may be simpler inside and probably display what Loco 0 is set at. I guess the lights may display in the wrong direction depending on the settings.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
The Fleischmann HO models use a tiny mechanical switch that operates the red/white (some Roco do as well) & I have never found a problem with them. However, with the Fleishmann ones you need to change the bulbs to 24v ones eg 6 6532 red or 6 6535 clear. If you leave the existing ones in they will be far too bright & eventually burn out.

AFAIK the N gauge ones are the same.

If you cannot get the bulbs locally - send me a PM.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts