Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted an Express Lighting kit to Bachmann Class 24 - Great! suggests directional lighting be disabled and operate on F0 & F1 which would be excellent, how do I do this on a Lenz 100 and TCS T4X chip.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Hi,

In the instructions there will be (should be?) a list of what wires relate to which function.

If memory serves my right, then the light/led need to electrically seperated from the chasis. Effectively f0 and f1 will tun the appropriate lights on. This would enable you to have both sets of lights on if you wished.

Richard Johnson probably has more info about this.

John

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John the only instructions are a note to disable directional lighting and nothing else. Contacting Express models takes such a long to time for them to reply hence my query on here.

Alan

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (kiwitrains @ 26 Apr 2008, 09:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks John the only instructions are a note to disable directional lighting and nothing else. Contacting Express models takes such a long to time for them to reply hence my query on here.

Alan

***Hello Alan

Neither express models nor the lenz instruction can help here - this is solely a decoder settings issue.

Your T4x decoder instructions contain all the data you need - they are also on the TCS website as a PDF, however I have cut and pasted the appropriate changes into a separate file that is attached here for you.

Basically
Remap CVs to change function assignment to F0 for front and F1 for rear
white wire to F0 = CV33 to 1 (already there by default anyway)
Yellow Wire to F1 = CV34 to 4

To make a function stay on in either direction if selected (manual control) then its control CV needs to = 40
White Wire CV49 to 40
Yellow wire CV 50 to 40

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much Richard I will have a go, I have only reset the sound levels on decoders so far so this will be another challenge so to speak.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Hi

Where about in WA are you from? I live northside, Padbury. You may be interested to know one of the best DCC shops is down Kwinana way.

m

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had a go Richard but still both ends red lights come on with f2 ,going to check the wiring again! if I cant get it right I will send it to you for a small fee!!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Richard further info if you could help please.
F0 White lights on No.2 end
F0 & F1 White lights at No.2 end and white & red at no. 1 end
F2 Red lights at no.2 end
F1 & F2 Red lights no.2 end white & red at no. 1 end
F1 Red & White at no.1 end

Hope you can help.
Alan

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (kiwitrains @ 2 May 2008, 11:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Richard further info if you could help please.
F0 White lights on No.2 end
F0 & F1 White lights at No.2 end and white & red at no. 1 end
F2 Red lights at no.2 end
F1 & F2 Red lights no.2 end white & red at no. 1 end
F1 Red & White at no.1 end

Hope you can help.
Alan

Hi Alan

Yes, I can help.

Basically I gave you instructions for F0 and F1 for front/rear only. What I do not know is how Express have configured the light kit.

I'll look at the express kit but to be honest If I do it for you I'll probably take it out as I usually find it easier, faster and better to simply wire the lights the way they should be in the first place without worrying about aftermarket "lighting kits" which are mostly more trouble than they are worth.

Remapping of functions isn't a problem then ever.

We are at unit 3, 13 Lionel Street Naval Base - take Russell road exit from the freeway, go all the way to rockingham road and turn left. about 3k on are traffic lights (intersection of Cockburn rd and Rockingham road). Go straight ahead and we are next left, first driveway on the left. I'm there Sat and Sun mid-day to 5pm.

Richard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts