Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to insert a DCC chip, but can't dismantle loco. Have taken out the screws, but somehow still seems to be held. Any tips?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Did you take out the screw under the back brake actuator...? It just pops out(the actuator that is) and is a bugger to put back....for my eyes only perhaps? That and the one under the leading bogie.....It should slide off but mind all the bits don't go with it!! That's just the TWO screws!
Good Luck
Phil :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (philg @ 16 Oct 2008, 15:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did you take out the screw under the back brake actuator...? It just pops out(the actuator that is) and is a bugger to put back....for my eyes only perhaps? That and the one under the leading bogie.....It should slide off but mind all the bits don't go with it!! That's just the TWO screws!
Good Luck
Phil :)
Thanks for the reply Phil, but believe I have removed all the screws. Problem seems to be the steam drain pipes assembly by the cab side, should they clip out somehow?
Ray

·
In depth idiot
7,662 Posts
If this model is anything like the closely related Ivatt 4MT 2-6-0, which has two pipes from the steam fountain down to the injectors on the firemans side, then these two pipes are a tight fit in the top of the injectors. Patient wiggling with a pair of small tweezers persuaded them to separate.

In common with many Bachmann steam models, the chassis on this item was also a very snug fit in the body, and with every hand hold in close proximity to fairly fine detail it is all a bit fiddly, which increases my enthusiasm for decoder socket in tender whenever possible. But all that said, none of the detail was detached.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts