Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi all,
re this thread whiich has raised loads of DODGY SOLUTIONS. Your live steam engines have very small Steam Lines (the Hornby Live Steam particularly so) so do NOT try to save a bit by using possibly dodgy water. You have spent a lot of money getting your pride and joy, do not spoil the ship for a bit of tar.

There are only 3 options that I would use, in fact LTSR's post has hit on 2 and there was another elswhere in the forum, but I would also use this one with caution. The types are as follows:

1 The water from a Fridge Cooling Mechanism (as covered by LTSR) DO NOT USE UNFROZEN ICE CUBES.
2 The water from a Dehumidifier if you have one, if not try to find someone who has. This is the method that I use, having bought one for my previous very damp house.
3 Finally well sifted rain water, I think that you could use a Water Filter for this. But buy one ONLY for this job, this method is my least preferred option.

Hope that this nails this down for you all, I have been into Live Steam since 1972 so feel that I am talking with some bredth of experience.
JonD

1 - 1 of 1 Posts