Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Private buyer (not dealer) wants to buy a complete secondhand layout, preferably 00 gauge, with a baseboard up to 7ft x 7ft. Must be in very good condition and full working order. To be delivered, reassembled and put into operation in central London. This is a genuine opportunity for someone to realise his investment. Please email details and photos.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
As we have already deleted one reply to this. I request members to take this seriously and be polite in your replies.

Remember you have train guys, scenery guys and people are getting into the hobby all the time. There is no reason why somebody can't request a bespoke layout.

Steven, I would suggest that you contact Nevile Reid at Scenicmodelrailways.com. He makes some stunning layouts.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
A good point well made about different people wanting different things from the Hobby. For example, I enjoy buildings, scenery, wiring, electronics and so on, but hate track laying! I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that love locos but don't have the time and or ability to construct a layout.

Also, thats a great website. Plenty of pictures to entertain and inspire!

Rob

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Steven,

What sort of thing are you looking for?

Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 26 Feb 2008, 20:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Steven,

What sort of thing are you looking for?

Regards

Hello Britho,
I have no fixed ideas but I think I would prefer something "traditional". I am also more interested in "action" than in elaborate scenery and buildings.

The reason for requesting a secondhand layout is that I don't want to have to make hundreds of design decisions and then wait six months to find I have chosen the wrong things. I just want to say "yes" or "no".

I assume that out of thousands of people in the hobby, there must always be a few who want to retire or move on to other things. Selling a whole layout must be better than seeing it broken up. Regards.

·
garage hobbit&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,715 Posts
Hi Steve,

If you buy a copy of either The Railway Modeller or British Railway Modeller and look in the clasifieds you will find plenty for sale, with nogation you may be able to get the seller to dismantle, transport and re-asemble (for a cost) for you.

If you have a local model shop, ask if they know of anyone or if you can put up a poster in the window or put you in touch with a local model club

Hope you enjoy this hobby!

Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (bro sewell @ 27 Feb 2008, 22:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Steve,

If you buy a copy of either The Railway Modeller or British Railway Modeller and look in the clasifieds you will find plenty for sale, with nogation you may be able to get the seller to dismantle, transport and re-asemble (for a cost) for you.

If you have a local model shop, ask if they know of anyone or if you can put up a poster in the window or put you in touch with a local model club

Hope you enjoy this hobby!

Brian

Many thanks, Brian.
I will look at The Railway Modeller. I have already looked in Model Rail but I could not see anything there.
Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts