Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
QUOTE Oh and which new Bachmann/Grafar shunter

why?

the new , forthcoming 04...as reviewed in Model Rail mag?

by orientating the whole plan onto a curve, the headshunt could be angled up towards the top right corner a bit more.thus giving extra length?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
another option is narrow gauge?

I have an old Grandt Line boxcab loco..(the Hetch Hetchy Dam prototype)...which is but an inch long......can be had in HOn3, but mine's HO......

what about a steeple cab 4 wheel electric?

more fun having to work out working overead wires???

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
or...since its going to be ''dockside'', why not a ro-rail tractor?

then you would have fun arranging to control it...off rails?

faller road system?

wouldn't need a run round loop....nor much of a head shunt.........

but is that cheating?

what about working capstan shunting?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
and to avoid the varnish water thing, why not make the quayside area one of ''low tide?'...ie stinky mudflats, sea weed, skeletal wreck of a small boat...maybe a lighter sat on the mud...at an angle?

don't forget the large wooden pilings, and the rusty ladders down in the [water, but the tide is out]

the tatty rope hawsers draped over the quay side.....

and if the tide is out, you'll have the green seaweedy line for the normal high water mark?

and to finish it off, empty the oily fluid out of a tin of mackeral fillets, onto the mudflats for a true olefactory air?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I can just see a small 4 wheel steeplecab electric loco, powered off the overhead with a trolley pole, shuffling around...........just to tie this thread in with several others, of course!

very well done

oh...and Kadee-as-was couplers?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
what an excellent effort, Ian.......well done.

Can I suggest not filling the centre with too many buildings?

There is a real sense of spaciousness with N gauge.

perhaps a dockside crane lying idle and rusting, with its own tracks, straddling a running track...would have same theatrical effect as a tunnel?

lovely effect tho' well done!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.