Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just talking to Upnick and I was wondering what everyone thinks about a possible meet up at the National Railway Museum in York.

It gives us a chance to meet up at a place where we can get ideas not only that there is a model shop at York railway station with a pretty good layout inside.

Any one interested post on here.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I'm hoping to be on holiday in Yorkshire late May or early June, round about the same time as the NRM are holding their 40 year commemoration of the last BR steam-hauled trains. So I would be able to get along then.

The NRM has a very good 7mm scale layout, although it's been out of sight for the last year or more while they've been setting up the 'Search Engine' arrangements.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is nobody else up for it? there must be more of us fancy a day with the rails.

With regards to the date May sounds good to me too. It will give me a chance to get back to work and get some time in before taking more time off as I am still on the sick at the moment.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I intend to visit twice this year, once around the 40th anniversery time and again when all the A4s will be together later in the year. If my visits coinside with others then I'd be glad to meet up

·
Registered
92 Posts
yea it sounds like fun...would it be on a saturday or a sunday? either way if i get this new job i have applied for it wont bother me

MY first post sincei joined...i think lol

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
The suggestion about meeting up and the occasional meets at exhibitions such as Warley leads to the query "How do we recognise each other?". Should we have some form of standard MRF lapel badge or something similar we can wear to exhibitions, places like the NRM....? Just a thought!

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
642 Posts
QUOTE (John Webb @ 27 Jan 2008, 15:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The suggestion about meeting up and the occasional meets at exhibitions such as Warley leads to the query "How do we recognise each other?". Should we have some form of standard MRF lapel badge or something similar we can wear to exhibitions, places like the NRM....? Just a thought!

Regards,
John Webb

That's a good Point John I never thought of that. I know that some of the members know each other but maybe some pictures or badges would be a good idea

Maybe a rose in the lappells. Lol.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
QUOTE (harkins77 @ 27 Jan 2008, 19:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's a good Point John I never thought of that. I know that some of the members know each other but maybe some pictures or badges would be a good idea

Maybe a rose in the lappells. Lol.

You just agree to meet at a certian place at a certian time and then look for the shifty looking characters

There are also a few pictures of some of us on the Warly meet up thread which gives the rest of you an advantage.

·
Registered
92 Posts
the lapel badges would cost an arm and a leg..espechially to all us students out there lol...but as it was done at warley sounds like the best plan...i know there is already one picture of me on here....and that the fact im probably the youngest on here!

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
QUOTE (harkins77 @ 27 Jan 2008, 19:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>.....Maybe a rose in the lappells. Lol.

How about a spare loco driving wheel of your particular gauge pinned to the lapel? (Provided you're not working in the larger gauges of course!)

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let me know if you fix a date and I'll see if I can arrange some extras for you all. Can't guarantee (it depends on the date of course) but I'm happy to ask around.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Seems looking the the NRM site as said earlier the 40th commoration of the end of steam is on the weekend of 24th of May how would you all feel about that weekend, as hopefully it wont be to 'brass monkeys' then ...

I could attend all being well if work approve my holidays ..... lol

upnick.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I'm up for the 24th of May if everyone else is.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
QUOTE ([email protected] @ 30 Jan 2008, 13:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Let me know if you fix a date and I'll see if I can arrange some extras for you all. Can't guarantee (it depends on the date of course) but I'm happy to ask around.

That would be great if you could get something together for us

The 24th would be a great date as I've already booked that week of work due to my birthday on the 19th HINT,HINT

QUOTE (60134 @ 30 Jan 2008, 13:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm hoping to be there "on duty" with Tornado.....

Congarts on the boiler certificate, these must be the most exciting days of the whole project, to be so close you can smell the end result.
I hope to have gotten over to GCR before then to see Tornado but look forward to meeting you at the NRM and put another face to a name (or number in this case
)

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I really ought to make the effort to get there again soon - I haven't been since it opened in 1975

I also have a life event - on the 28th of the month.

Regards

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 31 Jan 2008, 13:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I really ought to make the effort to get there again soon - I haven't been since it opened in 1975

I also have a life event - on the 28th of the month.

Regards

I also have a life event - on the 28th of the month

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Right I have just had it confirmed that IF I am back to work by then I am off so the 24th has been booked as a day off for me.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts