Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
There seem to be a number of empty cable-reels, of the type used by outside broadcasters, lying about in your photos. Was this coincidence or is the coach being used for commentators or related work? I note that there also seems to be covered access into each end of the coach which indicates that it's there for a purpose.
Intriguing!
Regards,
John Webb

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is a sort of pavilion. the other side overlooks the chicane onto the melbourne loop. the hut at the end is for acess. interestingly they seemed to have used the origional train connectors as umbilicals to provide power for the coach. it is obviously a perminant fixture. the viewing area on the other side has been boult around the coach i think.

Yes the cable drums are from an outside broadcaster. i think they were for the cables that were being used for the loudspeakers all round the circuit. a shame really as the turn out was so bad they probably only really needed them around the pit area.

Peter

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
The blank support for some form of banner or other display could imply it's designed for use as a 'hospitality suite' perhaps? Who ever is using it just brings their own banner to stick on the support for publicity. Would make an interesting model for a corner of a layout.
Regards,
John Webb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts