Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am on with laying track and installing dropper wires while laying track, testing conductivity of the dropper wires as i go via dc supply and a little shunter for the moment, i have cut the dropper wires overlength to around 8 inches each, when it comes time to run the bus wires round to them what length is to be reccomended for the droppers not to have a voltage drop anywhere.

upnick.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Hello.
You don't say what type of wire you are using.
If you are using 16.0.2 you will be fine to about 300mm. If you are using flex track every piece should have a connection about every 3 ft or 900mm.
I would suggest 32.0.2 at least for the bus wires.
Have fun.

QUOTE (upnick @ 18 May 2008, 22:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all,

I am on with laying track and installing dropper wires while laying track, testing conductivity of the dropper wires as i go via dc supply and a little shunter for the moment, i have cut the dropper wires overlength to around 8 inches each, when it comes time to run the bus wires round to them what length is to be reccomended for the droppers not to have a voltage drop anywhere.

upnick.

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (upnick @ 19 May 2008, 05:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all,

upnick.

***anything around that length or up to say 300mm is universally OK as there are plenty of droppers to share the load - simply choose whatever makes it most convenient for you.

regards

Richard
DCCconcepts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
You see Richard I did learn something from you after all

QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 19 May 2008, 03:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>***anything around that length or up to say 300mm is universally OK as there are plenty of droppers to share the load - simply choose whatever makes it most convenient for you.

regards

Richard
DCCconcepts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts