Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is going to be an authentic sound decoder available for these T9`s.
With a decoder socket in the tender it looks to me that it should be fairly easy to fit a sound decoder & speaker in the tender.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that M
I was waiting to see if anyone had one available before I started to contacted possible suppliers.
I was thinking of contacting Howes as they have recently released one for the Bauchmann Super D G2.
But DCC concepts is another possible source.
I was thinking more on the lines of more authentic to the loco rather than sounds like.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Richard
Having read Martins reply and the words "very prototypical sound" it did concern me what that actually meant.
All kind of things get conjured up in your mind. `Sounds Like `was just such a thing.
I associate the phrase `sounds like` when a sound(s) have been totally digitally produced.
As oposed to taking an actual recording of the sound produced & then converting to whatever format is needed.
I accept that the sound does need to be edited/enhanced etc so that it does sound authentic when played back through a small speaker.
Having done a fair amount of home video editing over the years I aware of what can be achieved.
But the original sound (in my case video) is there as the source.
I for one cannot say at this time if a certain sound is a A3 or A4 loco.
My experiences are some what limited and I would have to trust the word of who ever was selling the product.
Having read through your comments I can see that you would be such a person.
As a new comer to this hobby there is a lot to take in.
And to spend about £100 on just a sound decoder with sound is a big outlay.
It is all too easy in this day & age to grab a sound from somewhere & say it is such & such loco.
I have a Bauchmann Super G2 with a Howes sound decoder fitted & it sounds authentic to me but I suspect somewhere someone will say that its not really.
I trust Howes that it is and it really enhances the atmosphere of my growing layout so I am looking to buying more.
I have too trust & as I am new to this hobby but not to life it self I look for evidence to support that trust.
The internet can be a good source for that but it can also be its worst enemy.
It will not be long before it becomes almost impossible to verify that a certain sound is of that loco and so keep up the good work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.