Well, when I started this layout, I decided I would keep it simple, say, two feeds, a few supplementary feeds and some isolating sections and that would be it. Then I decided that I would use electric signals and, for parts of the layout not easily reached, electric points and uncouplers. I also wired a couple of ammeters into the circuit to keep an eye on the current consumption of the locos (after all, most of them are around 60 to 70 years old). Then came the decision to install lighting.
The wiring was meant to be simple, as I had never wired up anything more complex than fiddle yard to terminus layouts before, but I ended up with this:
The two loose wires hanging down at the end are not something I forgot, by the way, they are wires for the lights in the station car park - something I hadn't thought about adding until I started putting in the lights so, of course, I didn't have anything to connect them to.....