Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,007 Posts
I had a look for my Dublo catalogs and found 2 neither of which shows a complete layout at all one has a lot of stock and maybe the last before they started 2 rail but they are a bit worn and may have a page or two missing, thought I had a book as well, tons of stuff on Triang Hornby and even others, anyway I might yet come up with something.

·
In depth idiot
7,677 Posts
I should mention, as it's not at first obvious from the plans, that the raised section on the smaller of the two is simply an oval of track which is at a constant height and unconnected to the lower track...
Which we might add has the appearance of not having been fully thought through. Surely more (girder) bridges required to take it across the low level tracks into the station, and over the loco siding buffer stops and the like? (Perhaps that's why it never got constructed, six digit man wasn't given all the necessary pieces. ;))

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
This example is from 1963 and, although it is two rail and the raised sections are constructed using Hornby-acHo parts from Meccano's French factory*, it does have an elevated section with a girder bridge:

* The French produced raised section parts were, I believe, marketed also in the UK, but not for very long. I recall reading (in Michael Foster's book I think) that the TPO and the crane had difficulty in certain circumstances negotiating the curved pieces.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
six digit man
For the benefit of those who are still trying to figure out what that was all about, count the fingers "Dad" has in this piece of Dublo advertising literature:

Which we might add has the appearance of not having been fully thought through. Surely more (girder) bridges required to take it across the low level tracks into the station, and over the loco siding buffer stops and the like? (Perhaps that's why it never got constructed.............
Six finger man may not have done it, but Meccano employee Bob Moy (who designed most, if not all of the Dublo plans) did:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just got my hands on this. Once I've worked out the best way to convert it to three rail, it will end up being a bit different from the way you see it here.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts