Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the new Hornby Duchess with digital sound and ran it with my Bachmann EZ-controller. I got all the functions to work except F9, the short whistle. I bought a Hornby Select controller but had the same problem so I telephoned Hornby customer service and asked for help. I was told that they could not speak for the Bachmann but that the Select only had 9 functions, F0 included, so that F9 would not work. Does anyone know of a way round this apart from buying another controller? It would be nice to erase the airpump function and replace it with the short whistle

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Forum Santy

As the Bachmann EZ controller and the Hornby Select will not read back CV settings I would not try to move any functions without thoroughly reading the instructions that came with the decoder/loco first . In the instructions there should be a section on function remapping (assigning different functions to different buttons) with this you should be able to move the function on F9 to a different no.

If you make a mistake you can reset the decoder back to the default settings (and be back where you started)

For the future I would strongly recommend buying a system that can handle more functions AND read back CV's

If I were starting out with DCC I would buy the NCE Powercab which can read CVs and 28 Functions on call also is very easily expanded to a full system.

Hope this helps

Regards

Zmil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts