Noch DVD scenery guide - "St. Peter"Layout
A step by step guide to building a layout using Noch products
Product number: 71 916
The 70 minute film shows the construction and scenery building on the "St. Peter" layout - a typical continental HO layout. The railway layout itself is a very simple oval with a passing loop and siding.
The Film can be watched in German or in English. The English version is narrated by a British woman so it is very easy to understand.
The principals used in the film can very easily be applied to any layout including a OO scale British model.
The film uses Noch products obviously, but the techniques shown can of course be used with other products. The steps to a complete layout are:
- Terra-Form base structure, plastering & Structured hard-foam rocks, tunnel portals, viaduct, embankments & walls.
- Landscaping hills, rivers & fields.
- Roads & streets.
- Water - lakes, rivers, waterfalls & ponds.
- Laser-cut bridges, houses, plants & small scenery details.
- Trees: different types including assembling your own.
- Plants: cultivated crops, gardens, flowers etc.
I found the advice on water particularly interesting. I have some of the Noch water products and I was slowly building the courage to try them out. This video has made the process quite a bit easier. So I'll show you my attempts in the next few months.
The DVD retails for about €9.99 and is available from your local Noch outlet.
Here are some detailed photos of the layout.
DFT - May 2011