Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have posted this same question on another web site but havent had any replies or suggestions etc
So, I thought I'd give MRF a go....

Has anyone used an Auto Reverse Module (Gaugemaster DCC40) with the Dynamis and if so have any problems been encountered, such as the Dynamis detecting the short before the Auto Rev Module changes the loops track power over?

Thanks

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (Brian @ 30 Jan 2008, 20:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all

Has anyone used an Auto Reverse Module (Gaugemaster DCC40) with the Dynamis and if so have any problems been encountered, such as the Dynamis detecting the short before the Auto Rev Module changes the loops track power over?

Thanks

**Hi Brian
Yes, this is the original MRC reverse module that is electromechanical/relay based. It is simply very slow in operation compared to electronic based auto reversers so will not work well with any unit that cannot have the short timing varied. The same will apply with the Lenz Reverser....

As I said in a post yesterday, an electronic device such as the US made OG-AR by DCCspecialties or any other fully electronic AR device will do a better job.

ESU / Bachmann will also hopefully revise the design before long, or many new DCC users will get caught with the same sort of problem.... (ESU ECOS is also a bit quick off the mark with shutdown)

Regards

Richard
DCCconcepts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Richard
Many thanks for your rapid reply.
Shame the Gaugemaster unit isnt compatable. Will order a OG-AR from Digitrain today.

I wonder why DCC manufactures havent added a simple user adjustable tripping delay setting to their consoles?

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (Brian @ 30 Jan 2008, 21:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wonder why DCC manufactures havent added a simple user adjustable tripping delay setting to their consoles?

***Some have - and most who have been in the game a while have built a slightly less frustrating speed into the tripping so they work OK with all types of AR - Digi, NCE, Lenz, Zimo etc... it seems to be mainly the newer to command station brands / newer releases that have the problem - Elite, ESU, Bachmann for example.

Understandable as they probably didn't realise the issue may arise... and probably something that they will change soon - its not a big mod to add a form of "buffer" physically or in timing via software.....

Similar problems arose with resetting of overloads with higher current sound decoders on the track but there was soon an answer to that too, so I have my fingers crossed.

Richard
DCCconcepts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Having seen this thread and having the same problem, I have been making enquiries. Bachmann when emailed seemed unaware of the problem and are checking with their suppliers to see if their own (expensive) reverse module is compatible.
The OG-AR will probably NOT work with the Dynamis alone as it is set for a 4a supply and is not adjustable. It should work if you add the Bachmann 5a booster. The Powershield PSX-AR should work but is quite exensive and complex unless you also use its point setting abilities

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi All.
I've been scouring the web and forums to find a cost effective Auto Reverse Module that works with the Bachmann Dynamis.

From an advert in the Model Railroad Hobbyist on-line magazine I got to looking at the products from Tam Valley Depot.

With the helpful assistance of Duncan Mcree
at Tam Valley Depot and after installing Tam Valley Depot's DCC Dual Frog Juicer/Auto-Reverser/Circuit Breaker for the turntable on my layout, I can confirm that Tam Valley Depot's DCC Dual Frog Juicer/Auto-Reverser/Circuit Breaker (scroll about 2/3 down on the page) works great as an Auto Reverse Module with the Bachmann Dynamis and it is at a very competitive price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts