Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Hi Chris E,

I have to agree with Richard the dynamis if not in line does not pick up a signal to the track ...... the NCE systems are fine giving you all the facilities of reading CV's a great advantage you will miss andc be sorry if you were to choose the Dynamis in its basic form ...... the add on to give you this facility with the add on box makes the Dynamis overpriced.
I dont know where you are but try and find a retailer with a DCC system set up you can see working with CV capability, the wireless idea though ok is never as good as a wired type of system my cab is on a long curly cord and if i wanted further cabs they are available sepratley.

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
QUOTE (ChrisE @ 20 Oct 2008, 10:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have always liked the NCE system but as I understand it the wireless link is an illegal frequency in the UK & if it is this set the $662 - which by the time I have paid carriage & VAT etc is likely to be £500+ is a slight problem!

http://www.staubintrains.com/trainshop/shopexd.asp?id=2355

A word of warning with any illegal frequency system if it should conflict with the emergency services the equipment WILL be confiscated and destroyed and could lead to a fine to the user of it.

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 20 Oct 2008, 18:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe in the specific case of the NCE, but I was generalising about radio frequencies as, I suspect was Nick.

Unfortunatly, in the UK we have many, many over-zealous officials who pursue the small print to the extreme !

It was Generic stament Brian as yours was no doubt in this case the NCE was included although i have no evidence it would cause conflict.

Some years ago working in a modelshop we heard of a case of 72mhz radios being used for R/C aircraft locally ..... a while later it was reported a person had their equipment confiscated due to conflict with emergency services frequencies ....... we knew lived in the area where the planes were flown.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.