Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
QUOTE (ChrisE @ 20 Oct 2008, 10:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I doubt it. The loco that I referred to above is a two driven bogie/ motor diesel and has a stall current of 2.5 amps plus. That leads me to think that even with one motor it would be very marginal with a 00 designed chip. My single motor locos run at nearly the same current. I await being told that I am wrong but I think most OO loco decoders are unhappy at anything above 1 amp.

I would agree here - although for their size LGB (for example) loco's do not draw that much current they do tend to draw far more than most HO/OO decoders will be happy with.

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
QUOTE (upnick @ 20 Oct 2008, 11:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A word of warning with any illegal frequency system if it should conflict with the emergency services the equipment WILL be confiscated and destroyed and could lead to a fine to the user of it.

A point people often forget - there are good reasons why allocated frequencies differ around the world.

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 20 Oct 2008, 13:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>***Nick, Brian: Sorry but that is a little extreme: You could have the unit in the same room as a medical unit and not interfere - or in the same tin box for that matter!
Maybe in the specific case of the NCE, but I was generalising about radio frequencies as, I suspect was Nick.

Unfortunatly, in the UK we have many, many over-zealous officials who pursue the small print to the extreme !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.