Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a Bachmann Dynamis and everything has been fine for a few weeks. However today there appeared to be no signal at all. I've changed the batteries and held the unit at varying distances down to 6 inches to the base unit.
It did briefly come back for 5 minutes, but intermittently and has disappeared again now. Has anyone experienced this?
I'm beginning to think the decision to go with the Dynamis may have been ill-judged.

Many thanks for any help.

Mark.

·
Registered
405 Posts
QUOTE (digger1962 @ 11 Mar 2009, 21:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have recently purchased a Bachmann Dynamis and everything has been fine for a few weeks. However today there appeared to be no signal at all. I've changed the batteries and held the unit at varying distances down to 6 inches to the base unit.
It did briefly come back for 5 minutes, but intermittently and has disappeared again now. Has anyone experienced this?
I'm beginning to think the decision to go with the Dynamis may have been ill-judged.

Many thanks for any help.

Mark.

Hi mark I to have bought Dynamis and not to happy with my purchase .
Have you tryed turning on control box first and then wait a few seconds say 30 then turn on your control pad it worked for me,my biggest cripe is it is so easily to lose the signal if you do not keep a clear line of sight to master unitalso do not like the speed control wish it was a knob but as I paid my money will have to live with it as a lot of pluss for the money so let me know if you sort it out .
lost my manual e-mail Bachmann a week a go got no relpy so not much good e-mailing them for help ???

regards Noel

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Hi gents,I've had problems to,on occasions its taken about 5 mins and lots of frantic waving around to get signal.This is the only dcc system I have used so not sure if its any different to others.I did phone up the shop where I bought it and was told"well ours works ok" so I've taken them off my xmas card list
But I still consider it a lot of technology for the £100 paid for it.
On phoning Bachmann they told me to reset the system and it was fine for a while.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi there,
Have you checked that it is not a short on the track?
Also beware of TV relay units. Some of them can play havoc with infra-red devices other than the TV/video stuff by continuously transmitting a signal.
Has anything changed in your environment?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys.

Thanks for the replies.

Noel I tried leaving it for a while and it seems to work now (or is it just luck). The signal icon keeps disappearing, but tends to come back when I issue a command.

The worrying thing from last time when it just went and came back for a while was that I had locos running and then lost control of them.

As for other devices there's nothing I can think of (the layout is in the loft) and the only other thing around is a DAB radio, but I wouldn't have thought that would affect it (but I could be wrong).

So I guess it's just fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Mark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts