Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just recieved a reply from Bachman Re my enquiry about the Plasma tv s which are infrared.
The letter states that the Dynamis would not interfere with the tv but they did not know whether the TV would affect the Dynamis.
has anyone had any problems??

·
DT
4,794 Posts
IR signals are coded by brand and model.

Under your TV, you may have a VCR (remember them), a DVD player, an amp a media center etc. I have about 4 remote controllers on my lounge coffee table. They are all IR controlled, but they don't interfere with each other.

The Dynamis, if used within range of a TV, shouldn't interfere with the control signals and visa-versa.

·
Registered
825 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 5 Mar 2008, 07:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>IR signals are coded by brand and model.

Under your TV, you may have a VCR (remember them), a DVD player, an amp a media center etc. I have about 4 remote controllers on my lounge coffee table. They are all IR controlled, but they don't interfere with each other.
Have you tried using two, or more, different remotes at the same time? You may well find they interfere.
QUOTE The Dynamis, if used within range of a TV, shouldn't interfere with the control signals and visa-versa.
I wouldn't be so sure. If someone tries to change channels at the same time the Dynamis is transmitting then there will be some interaction. The outcome will probably be that nothing happens until one stops transmitting.

What is unlikely is that operating the Dynamis will change TV channels or using the TV remote will affect the layout.

Andrew Crosland

·
Registered
697 Posts
Don't forget it's not only the Dynamis handset that transmits IR signals, the base station does too. The system is bi-directional.
I can't see how it would be a problem?

·
Registered
825 Posts
QUOTE (Oakydoke @ 7 Mar 2008, 04:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't forget it's not only the Dynamis handset that transmits IR signals, the base station does too. The system is bi-directional.
I can't see how it would be a problem?
It depends on the protocol. Does the handset transmit randomly or only when polled by the basestation?

There may still only be one transmitter active at any time.

Andrew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts