Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spotted on the Bachman website, a three function decoder with back emf item # 36-553, has any one tried these decoders with other manufactures equipment? or do they only work with E-Zee system? the reason i'm asking this is because i also noticed that Hattons are retailing this decoder for £9, which makes very competitive !!! any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using the Lenz LH 100 dcc unit, would the E-Zee decoder be compatible with this? I have mainly steam locos, so I'm only interested in the running of these locos, I'm not looking to have sound, or lights, but i do like back emf, i have 2 other locos that are fitted with back emf, and they run faultlessly, but other locos fitted with decoders and no back emf, tend to run a bit erratically, if i get a clear signal here, that they are suitable, i will give it a go, but i don't want to purchase anything that wont work.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
The new E-Zee decoder is a rebadged lokpiolt basic. It appears to be a good decoder apart from it is not compatable with long addresses. If you can live with this then it sounds like a good choice. Otherwise better paying a little more and getting a TCS T1, which is my weapon of choice!

Rob

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I bought several of these and they work fine with my Compact.

I put one into a Bachmann class 37 which previously had a Bachmann EZ single function decoder which made the loco growl really loudly. The 3 function decoder is quiet and smooth plus has the added benefit of a half speed shunting setting triggered by function 3. Really allows the loco to crawl along. Will convert my shunting diesels to use these decoders.

I too have a lot of steam outline locos and will be using these decoders if I can get more at a good price - recently paid £18.00 + pp for 2 on eBay. Will look to use the lighting function for the firebox glow if poss.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts